Contributed by Patsy Toolseram on Ninja's Recipe Sharing Group
Makes 12 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 - 3 tea bags, black tea ( cut away the tag )
- 1 tsp Szechuan pepper
- 1 star anise
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 small slice Dong Quai
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp dark soy
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Note from Patsy: You can also use those ready made spiced tea egg sachet instead. Lots of brands available
- Pour water and the rest of spices into the Ninja Foodi pot.
- Place the rack in the pot and eggs on the rack.
- Set Ninja Foodi on Pressure HI 3 mins ( eggs are small, 50g so only 3 mins )
- Quick release the pressure and place the eggs into cold water.
- Gently crack the eggs and put into ziplock bag.
- Once the marinade has cooled down, pour the marinade into the ziplock bag.
- You can leave the spices in the marinade but throw away the tea bags.
- Keep the eggs in the fridge overnight or longer.
- Enjoy the eggs as a snack.
Images by Patsy Toolseram