Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 110g coconut butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 180g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk, tinned
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Toasted Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Edible flowers
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a tart tin with a removable base, place onto a larger baking tray and set aside.
- To make the pastry crust, add the almond meal, buckwheat flour, maple syrup, tapioca starch, coconut butter and sea salt to the Ninja Food Processor. Pulse to combine.
- Taking small handfuls of dough, press dough into the sides of the tart tin to create an even layer. Tip the remaining dough into the base of the tart tin and press down to create an even layer across the bottom and into the corners. Place tart crust, still on the baking tray, into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once golden, remove tart crust from the oven and use a pie server or egg flip to compress the tart crust. Set aside to cool while making the ganache filling.
- To make the ganache filling, set a medium sized glass or stainless-steel bowl atop a saucepan of water. Place the saucepan and bowl onto the stovetop and turn onto a medium heat.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate to the bowl and stir occasionally while melting. Once the dark chocolate is completely melted add the coconut cream and sea salt to the bowl and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Carefully remove the ganache from the saucepan and pour into the baled tart crust. Spread out evenly with a spoon before transferring to the fridge to set.
- Once the tart has set and is firm remove from the fridge. With one hand hold the edge of the tart tin while using the other hand to gently push the tart out of the tin. Use a metal egg flip or pie server to gently work the tart shell off of the base of the tin. Carefully transfer to a serving plate before garnishing with berries, figs and toasted hazelnuts.