Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum stops picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice decreased or no suction. For optimal performance, clean filters regularly. Between cleanings, lightly tap filters over a trash receptacle to remove dust and debris as needed.
Rinse the pre-motor foam and felt filters every month, or as needed.
1. First, remove the dust cup to access the pre-motor filters.
2. Remove the dust cup by pressing the release button on the handheld vacuum, then pulling the dust cup down and away.
3. Remove the foam and felt filters using the tab provided.
4. Rinse both filters with water only.
5. Allow filters to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling.
6. Once dry, install the foam filter first, followed by the felt filter.
7. Reinstall the dust cup.
Rinse the post-motor or HEPA filter every 12 months, or as needed.
1. Remove the dust cup by pressing the release button on the handheld vacuum, then pulling the dust cup down and away.
2. The post-motor filter is attached to a plastic frame inside the handheld vacuum. Press the tabs and pull the filter off the frame.
3. Rinse the post-motor filter with water only.
4. Allow filter to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling.
5. Once dry, reinstall the post-motor filter.
6. Reinstall the dust cup.