Prep: 10 minutes | Preheat: Approx. 8 minutes | Cook: 12 minutes | Serves: 2–4 | Program: Grill
- 2 uncooked Sirloin steaks (400-450g each)
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Divided Salt as desired
1. Rub each steak on all sides with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss asparagus with remaining vegetable oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired.
2. Insert grill plate in unit and close lid. Select GRILL, set temperature to HIGH and set time to 12 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
3. When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place steaks on grill plate, gently pressing them down to maximize grill marks. Close lid and cook for 4 minutes.
4. After 4 minutes, flip steaks. Close lid and continue cooking for 4 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 50°C
5. Remove steaks from grill and leave to rest for 10 minutes; they will continue to cook to a food-safe temperature while resting. Use a cooking thermometer to ensure a food-safe temperature has been achieved.
6. Meanwhile, place asparagus on grill plate. Close lid and cook for 4 minutes.
- 7. When cooking and resting are complete, slice steak and serve with asparagus.